Our goal is to bring awareness to the environmental issues that face our oceans and waterways. The Mission Deep Blue movement supports conservation efforts aimed at the sustainable use and preservation of aquatic environments and their biological diversity.
Contact us to learn more about Mission Deep Blue and get involved!
Dealing with the Underwater World
Responsible Use of Resources
- Commit to personally protect the environment
- Prevent others from causing damage through positive action and motivation
- Support useful projects and organizations dedicated to marine protection
- If possible, collect garbage on your dives – but only if doing so does not cause more damage to the environment
- If possible, cut hanging ropes and collect floating nets and plastics
- Inform your buddy or the crew on the surface if you were not able to remove the net
- Never eat shark fins, whale meat, turtle eggs, etc.
- Report immediately violations of the ban on the use of marine animals as souvenirs
- Never throw inorganic waste into the sea – Plastics decompose incredibly slowly
- Minimize the production of garbage: Use reusable coffee mugs and lunch boxes, glass or metal bottles and shopping bags
- Do not bring unnecessary packaging to the resort
- Dispose of your waste in as eco-friendly a manner as possible
- If you smoke, dispose of cigarette butts in the proper receptacle, not on the ground or in the water
- Only use a swim-through if you can do so without touching anything
- Don’t swim or snorkel too close to the reef
- Don’t touch or break corals
- Use labeled entrances/exits for the water
- Don’t disturb the sand, since it reduces visibility and smothers corals
- Don’t hunt or bother animals
- Don’t touch animals unless properly trained
- Don’t feed animals
- Don’t take souvenirs from the sea - broken coral pieces or empty snail shells still serve as useful habitat
- Only place a reef hook where it will not damage or disturb the reef
- Do not disturb animals or habitat to improve your photo opportunity
- Shower only as long as required to get clean, especially in areas with minimal ability to store/purify water
- Wash your equipment in the provided container, and only when necessary – often it’s enough to clean equipment thoroughly at the end of the dive trip
- Turn off the lights when you aren’t using them
- Use alternative transportation or walk instead of driving
- Avoid unnecessary waste - food plans and shopping lists help save you money, and prevent purchasing unnecessary food that may go to waste
"I want to thank you very much for your excellent instruction and caring approach to SCUBA. Your teaching style really makes a difference. THANK YOU again!!!!!"
"Kudos to our rock star instructors Mike, Doak, and Jay. Thank you so much! You all kept us at ease, safe, and made it fun to get out into the water for our first real dive experience!"
"Great instructors and staff! I did the SSI open water certification and purchased my gear through them and I would highly recommend CI scuba for anyone interested in getting certified or buying gear. They made the whole experience so much fun and really individualized the training to each student’s needs. The world just became 70% bigger for me thanks to the instructors at Channel Islands Scuba!"
"Lots of fun and I felt safe and secure-- not only when it came to being in the water with Mike as my instructor but also in knowing he won't just pass anyone because they paid for the class. He is willing to work overtime and have students really learn scuba safety and procedures. I'd recommend this class to family and friends for sure!"
"The best people. I wouldn't go anywhere else, the staff help so much, they are amazing people. And after years of trying they made a dream come true, to be dive certified. Thank you so much."
"I had a Great experience with the Dive Team at CI Scuba! ALL of the instructors are long time Divers and want you to learn and get you excited about Scuba. They supplied top of the line equipment for our dives and made sure it fit you. They took their time in training and gave you the confidence to do the Dive! They have a nice store with good prices! Can't wait for my next dive! Thank You CI Scuba!"
"Great Dive Shop! The staff and the instructors are as good as it gets. Very knowledgeable and friendly. I would highly recommend them to everyone."
"Channel Islands Scuba is GREAT! Very friendly and helpful people, high quality equipment at very fair prices. The instructors are extremely knowledgeable, very patient, super friendly, abundantly helpful and lots of fun. Great service... Mike and team go above and beyond to treat their customers well."
"Hi Mike – We are having a great time and love diving! Please let your staff know how much we appreciate all they did to get us here!
"I just recently received my open water certification from CIS and I can't say enough how great the whole team is at the shop. Everyone was very friendly and encouraging the whole time. I had to miss one beach and boat dive and Mike was very accommodating and let me reschedule to another weekend. Thank you CIS for the great dives and look forward to getting more certification with them!"
"Channel Islands Scuba is Wonderful. The instructors are very knowledgeable, friendly, and patient. Everyone who works in the shop are also very kind and knowledgeable. I know I can always find the answer I need."
"Great instructors and staff! I did the SSI open water certification and purchased some of my gear through them and I would highly recommend CI scuba for anyone interested in getting certified or buying gear. They made the whole experience so much fun and really individualized the training to each students' needs. The world just became 70% bigger for me thanks to the instructors at Channel Islands Scuba!"
"Just got open water certified! CIS took care of everything in a very professional and organized manner. Mike was a fantastic instructor, and he really cared about getting each one of us certified. We were able to efficiently reschedule times for open water training due to bad weather. I really feel that I have benefited from this class and feel very comfortable diving because of it. I would highly recommend CIS!"
"Thank you! You and Ron were such great instructors. I couldn’t have asked for a better intro to diving, and I know Brian really appreciated it as well and feels more comfortable than he did after his initial certification."
"I just finished my open water with CIS. Jay was our instructor. He is very professional, helpful, and a very nice guy. All the staff is very helpful and was able to answer any questions I had. I would recommend the shop 100%."
"Everyone at Channel Islands Scuba was amazing. The instructors were everything you'd want: knowledgeable, patient, friendly, helpful and SO. MUCH. FUN! Mike and his son helped us pick out the right gear to get our new adventure started. If you want to learn to scuba, Channel Islands Scuba is the only place to do it."
"Great scuba shop, well stocked with state of the art equipment. Good prices with very nice employees and customers. Do yourself a favor and dive with them soon.
"I had a really great time learning how to dive. Everyone is so nice and helpful, which made the experience even more enjoyable. We had a really awesome day at the beach dive at Paradise Cove and also at Catalina. I've always wanted to learn how to dive, and CIS was definitely the best place to achieve my goal."